Hello guest !
Please login or register to gain full access to the forum.
time to clean up the forums a bit?

This is an old forum, we're currently working on flipchat1rs.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
No pricechecker online? Post updates in the margins section!
Follow us on twitter for updates and more! @FlipChat1
Pricechecking and updating helps you to get promoted!
Video guides and more! Check our channel now: FlipChat1 YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you think the forum could use a restructure?
yes
time to clean up the forums a bit? I_vote_lcap58%time to clean up the forums a bit? I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
no
time to clean up the forums a bit? I_vote_lcap42%time to clean up the forums a bit? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
joker X_X
Newcomer
Newcomer

time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty
PostSubject: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty18/10/2015, 13:06

We have all probably ran into more than a few people having problems navigating the forums, or perhaps have had them ourselves. in fact im not even sure if this is the correct place to post this, so here are my thoughts.

Add diversity, and resize the block headers on the main page so they can easily be distinguished from the categories in them and from one another. (not everything needs flipchat1 in the name, after all this is the forum for flipchat1, i think people coming to the forum understand that without constant reminder. not to mention the confusion it brings to navigation.)

the item abbreviations should be a sticky within the same category as margins instead of in starter information. which brings me to another point,  having margins as a topic within the margins category... just confusing. the category should be changed to something along the lines of "flipping information" so it can house a broader scope of topics related to making money through flips.

the categories games, music/film/tv, graphics should be sub categories within the general discussion category. the youtube/twitch category would be included in this if it were all non flip related, but as there are some related to flips and some not then i suggest adding sub categories to this as well.

what is the complaints category for?! it has no stickies of its own, and no posts. all it has is the globals.
im guessing it was intended for something when it was made, but as most complaints are found in categories/sub categories of other blocks it needs deleted or re-purposed

this is just a few of the things ive noticed during my short time on the forums, that i feel are causing problems with the flow of the forum. now before the bantering begins i should point out that although the forum may be usable at the moment (if you know what you are doing) that the point of having a community of any sorts is to improve the lives (or in this case virtual lives) of those involved which can only be done if all of its members is on the same page and can operate and communicate smoothly with one another, and if left unchecked could easily dissipate.

I, and i am assuming that there will be a few others, would gladly volunteer my time to helping with a restructure if deemed necessary. I have 7 years experience in web based administrating, along with experience in several other fields such as coding (html, css, shell(windows), shell script(linux), cisco, & bbcode just to name a few) as well as experience in gimp image editor (basically a free version of Photoshop) and limited knowledge of the German language (hopefully helpful in working with foreign speaking users in restructure).
Back to top Go down
Zaronics
Zaronics

time to clean up the forums a bit? Fc_ran11

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty19/10/2015, 14:51

Hi Joker,

This post has been sent to the other administrators.

Joker X_X wrote:
what is the complaints category for?! it has no stickies of its own, and no posts. all it has is the globals.
im guessing it was intended for something when it was made, but as most complaints are found in categories/sub categories of other blocks it needs deleted or re-purposed 

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean that there isn't something.
We actually use the complaint section. Though, Complaints will be hidden when it is solved and instantly archived.

Thanks,

Zaronics
FlipChat1 General
Back to top Go down
https://runesperia.com
joker X_X
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty19/10/2015, 16:14

Aah, makes sense. Actually quite an efficient system if people use it & use it properly.
Back to top Go down
Keystones
Keystones

time to clean up the forums a bit? Fc_ran10

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty22/10/2015, 18:26

Hi joker, thanks for the post!

I will spend sometime this weekend making a few changes which will hopefully make it easier to use and find the things you want. If you have any additional feedback, forum section requests etc - please feel free to add me ingame and I'll message back when possible!

- Keystones

Edit: There are a few limitations as to what we can do with forumotion so the changes that will be made are the best we can do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
joker X_X
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty2/11/2015, 16:39

I am glad the management here cant take feedback well, especially since i may not have been in the best of moods when typing it. lol. anyway thank you both for taking the time to read through my rant and respond in a timely manner. much respect to you, and my apologies for sounding rather arrogant and combative in the op.
Back to top Go down
Keystones
Keystones

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty2/11/2015, 16:58

If we don't get feedback we don't improve - without improving we never move forward, thanks again for the feedback and I hope you like what changes have been made. Hopefully soon I'll get time to make a few more changes and if you have any further feedback please feel free to leave it, it's much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Keystones
Back to top Go down
joker X_X
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty2/11/2015, 17:02

will be sure to do if i see anything before you have the chance to jump on it. so far im loving the changes, the forums already feel a lot sleeker. i just hope the rest of the community feels the same. would be a shame if it all just boiled down to one mans obsession with file neatness.
Back to top Go down
Joey P
Joey P

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty12/1/2016, 18:05

No posts on this for over 2 months now. Thread locked.

If there are any further issues please create another topic or contact a rank Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time to clean up the forums a bit?   time to clean up the forums a bit? Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1