Hello guest !
Please login or register to gain full access to the forum.
PriceChecking On Companion App

This is an old forum, we're currently working on flipchat1rs.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
No pricechecker online? Post updates in the margins section!
Follow us on twitter for updates and more! @FlipChat1
Pricechecking and updating helps you to get promoted!
Video guides and more! Check our channel now: FlipChat1 YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seeing
Seeing

PriceChecking On Companion App Fc_ran12

PriceChecking On Companion App Empty
PostSubject: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty23/8/2014, 09:10

Hi all, today I am going to discuss pcing on the Runescape Companion app.

My RSN is Seeing and I am a flipchat1 general rank. I have pc'd for many, many hours and know how draining it can be. PriceChecking on the companion makes pcing much easier! 

REMINDER: THIS IS NOT A HOW TO PRICECHECK GUIDE, JUST A GUIDE ON HOW TO PRICECHECK WITH THE RUNESCAPE COMPANION APP!
For how to pricecheck, visit this link here . . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just to note::: You can make a f2p alt to use companion on, and play runescape on your main account so you're not missing out on exp!
If you're stuck on what to name your alt, put your main account's username, then tag "pc" on it. 
An example is "GazzaPC"

It's a web app, so rather than needing to install it from an app store, you simply follow these steps:

• Visit http://www.runescape.com/companion, using a compatible device and browser.
  • Enter your RuneScape log-in details.

Now your screen will look like this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Copy and paste the latest margins onto notepad, word, etc . . . whatever suits you.
This is a typical "Gazza" price checking set up. (Obviously do not pc when someone else is. We utilize 1 pcer at a time)
Due to runescape's character limitation per text, you can not fit the entire line into one post. To correct this, I break up the lines into 3 or 4 items, example here:

The "4" In the POP section is because of the title (tetsu, seasinger, death lotus), You can remove those tags if you'd like or add them. I personally only keep the titles in POP and remove the titles in misc and gwd.

Now, use the keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste. Do not use "edit > copy > edit > paste" This takes much longer.

Now copy and paste the next armadyl section (in this case it would be Ag, Ab, Acb and buck) 
And whoosh! Just like that, a line completed in 3 seconds, rather than a minute of typing out all of the margins.
This works for ALL LINES! Not just armadyl, armadyl is used as our example here.

Other important notes

• Adding asterisks (*'s) for updated margins may cause lines to bug out and runescape will **** your item. For companion pcing, remove the asterisks (*'s) (like the pictures above). When you receive an update that is margin changing, (example 2050, changing to 2025, do not put 2025*) don't put an asterisk next to it.
  • You cannot be logged into the Runescape game and the Companion App at the same time.
  • This makes PriceChecking A LOT more enjoyable!! Smile

I hope you have enjoyed this guide, please post any comments you may have.

-Gazza

Last edited by Seeing on 11/4/2015, 04:58; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TiM
TiM

PriceChecking On Companion App Fc_ran12

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty23/8/2014, 21:59

Beaut! This will make it much easier for everyone and help to keep prices updated! Nice work Gazza!
Back to top Go down
karasuhokori
karasuhokori

PriceChecking On Companion App Fc_ran11

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty23/8/2014, 23:49

Fantastic! Now I just need to get myself something companion compatible! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WATPHO
WATPHO

PriceChecking On Companion App Fc_ran13

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty27/8/2014, 18:32

Awesome, before reading this I thought if you guys meant pc'ing from companion, it meant pc'ing on phones/tablets/phablets Very Happy, I didn't know I could do it on desktop, nice guide!
Back to top Go down
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38694
mystique
mystique

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty8/3/2015, 05:26

Great guide, pc'ing has never been so easy, another technique to use for your updates is the ' and " signs, or if you use Word like me just make it bold when pasted they do not show up in chat.

Last edited by mystique on 30/10/2015, 08:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Opti
Opti

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty10/4/2015, 10:36

Thank you for this guide, really helped me out on pcing!
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/optimistirs
Sr Jr7
Sr Jr7

PriceChecking On Companion App Cdrvmj10

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty22/7/2015, 01:37

Great guide! Could you possibly make it a little more prominent that using asterisks can **** out your item? I see far too many new pcers keeping the asterisks in the comp app.
Back to top Go down
Bel
Bel

PriceChecking On Companion App Fc_ran14

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty23/12/2015, 18:31

Great and usefull post might try Pcing in the near future
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PriceChecking On Companion App   PriceChecking On Companion App Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FlipChat1 - Temporary :: FlipChat1 :: Margins-